Tuesday, June 19, 2012

25 Before 25

--> Hi, friends! Sorry for being m.i.a yesterday. I was staying on my grandparents' farm (see list below!) where there's no internet to be found for miles...and I forgot my phone charger, so I almost went 24 hours without my cell phone and internet—gasp! 

As you all know, I've been taking it easy the last week and a half while between jobs which has left me with a little time to think. I started ATC as part New Year's Resolution/ part challenge to my self to try something new. In that spirit, I've developed a list of things that I’d like to accomplish before I turn 25...which coincidentally is 8 months away from today! 


1. Become certified to scuba dive
This has been on my to-do list for the past year. I was hoping to become certified before I went to South Africa, but unfortunately time got away from. I'm so excited to try this! 

I promised a friend I would try this once in my life--Mom, I promise to let you know about this one after I land!

3. Create a budget...and stick to it! 
While living on my own I am able to do this pretty well, but while living with my parents over the past year I've unfortunately slipped into my pre-college habits. Time to fix that!

Have I told you all that I live in Iowa? (It's a great state--you should visit!). While growing up I would always stay on my grandparents' farm in rural Iowa for a few days in the summer. My days were spent eating baked goods and running around barefoot. *You'll hear about this one very soon!

I'm not sure I've ever seen a sunrise intentionally. What I mean is that I usually catch the sunrise because I'm up early to catch a flight. This sunrise will be seen for the sole purpose of welcoming the morning. I'm a night owl, so this could be tough! 

6. Travel to a new continent 
I checked off Africa during my 23rd year...which one should I tackle next?! 

7. Complete 1 DIY project a month
Any ideas for projects I should try?! 

8. Learn to play the mandolin
I received a mandolin as a gift in March. Now, it's time for me to actually learn how to play it! 

9. Go gluten free for one week 

Can you believe I've never done this?! 

11. Learn how to use Photoshop

12. Start my own Etsy shop 
This is another that I'm really excited to accomplish! 

13. Learn how to change a tire
I've done this once out of pure desperation while stranded with a friend...and I'm pretty sure it wasn't safe to drive on. It's time for me to learn a thing or two about cars and changing a tire seems like a great place to start! 

14. Watch all 8 Harry Potter movies in 1 weekend 
Anyone want to join me?! 

I've only been to one zoo in my life...crazy, right? 

16. Find a new organization to volunteer with 
Volunteering is a huge part of my life and I'm always on the lookout for a new organization for work with! 

17. Read 1 new book per month
Any suggestions? 

18. Research my family history 
I recently learned that one side of my family goes all the way back to the Mayflower! This has the history nerd in me pretty excited to research some more. 

This one is already in the works! 

20.  Host a giveaway on my blog

21. Write a letter to my 35-year-old self 

Why? Because it’s been too long! 

23. Turn off my phone for 24 hours
I was SO close to accomplishing this one on Sunday/Monday

24.  Move out of my parents’ home
Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate that my mom and dad have let me live with them and have really enjoyed the new aspects to our relationship that we’ve formed, but I'm ready to have my own space again. I’m itching to decorate an apartment! 

25.   Create a bucket list!
I have a mini-bucket list started on Pinterest, but I want it written out and displayed for all to see. Life is short and I have a lot to get done! 

So, there you have it! Anything missing that you would add to your 25 before 25 (or 30, 35, 40...) list?  


I'll keep you all updated as I accomplish each task! 

25 Before 25- Update 1
25 Before 25- Update 2


                
      

2 comments:

  1. Great list! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures on the farm. And an Etsy shop, how fun! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete