Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Pick-Me-Up

Happy Monday, lovelies! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! As I mentioned on Friday, I was in Detroit over the weekend to give a training. Aside from passing through DTW airport and a quick visit to the Henry Ford museum while on a school trip, this was my first time in the city. I had a great weekend, however the very visible economic depression that I witnessed in Detroit was honestly overwhelming. Despite this overwhelmed feeling, what I really took away from my visit was the inspirational effort by so many to revive the city--it is truly amazing and beautiful to see! 

Throughout my weekend the quote below kept running through my head. I found this while visiting the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam in 2009 and have been in love with it ever since.

So, my Monday Pick-Me-Up for you is a reminder to find beauty where you can, because even in the worst situations it really is there. Have a beautiful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment