Friday, October 5, 2012

Interior Insipiring Fashion- Mexico

I mentioned on Monday that over the weekend my mom and I sent my dad off to Mexico until December. He is a college professor and is taking his first sabbatical after over 30 years of teaching in higher education! While he's in Mexico, he'll be working on his art and teaching classes with Oaxaca Streetchildren Grassroots, an organization that aims to provide access to education for children in Oaxaca, Mexico. With Mexico on my mind, I decided to pull up a fitting guest post that I wrote in May for Michelle of Second Street East. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!


Taking a cue from Michelle's Going Global post, I decided to highlight some pieces with a Mexican flair. My parents owned a travel agency while I was growing up (it was so amazing!). This combined with my dad living in Mexico while in grad school has lead to my family home being very influenced by Mexican design. After looking around my home, I decided to seek inspiration from a rug (the rug below is similar to one in our living room) and the textile and color books that sit on our coffee table. The patterns and vibrant shades in these interior items drew me to the fashion pieces below!

Tell me, how do global pieces influence your home interior and personal style? 

Mexican Inspiration {Interior to Fashion}


2 comments:

  1. I always like to add an ethnic mix in my outfits during Summer! Necklaces, a vivid top and also love Summer houses with rugs with interesting ethnic patterns!

    Happy Friday,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm color obsessed so ethnic + tribal prints always end up in my home or on my body! i love this collection you put together, especially the necklace!

    ReplyDelete